IOS (Institute of Swimming) Pool Plant Operators Certificate
This is a PWTAG Approved Pool Plant Operator course. It covers everything you need to effectively maintain a swimming pool, spa or water feature.
You will learn about circulation, filtration, disinfection, pH correction and heating of pool water. You will also learn how to maintain water which is safe and pleasant to swim in, how to correctly test pool water and understand how to restore it to ideal conditions. Certification lasts for three years.
- Duration: 3 days
- Training Format: Face to Face
- Assessment: Multiple choice test and a work based assignment
- Certification: The National Pool Plant Operators Certificate is digital and sent via email.
- This is awarded by IQL UK – the body for The Royal Life Saving Society – for three years.
Who is the course designed for?
The course is aimed at anyone involved in and responsible for the day to day operation of pool plant. This
includes local authority employees, schools and private pool owners.
- Maintaining swimming pool hygiene
- Controlling chlorine and chemical levels
- Managing water supplies and water treatment
- Testing for pollution and parasite infection
- Maintaining pipes, circulation and filtration
- Promoting health and safety
- Disinfecting water
- Balancing pH and alkalinity
- Diagnosing and testing the water
- Making savings on heating, ventilation and energy
You must be at least 18 years of age. There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Looking for our IOS Pool Plant Foundation Certificate. Click here.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book your place.